cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Biohazard Defined

HP Recommended
hp 15 D090NR laptop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Laptop under warranty, including accidental damage, until spring, 2016.  Sent it for repairs...blotches on screen and keyboard failure 4 days ago.  Received it back today, july 10, w/ a note claiming device contains "biohardous material" and cannot ever be repaired by HP due to health danger to support techs.  What the hell sort of biohazard can a computer contain?  I'm elderly, live alone, keep the device on a table by itself.  There is no radioactivity within hundreds of miles of here.  I have NO health issues which would constitute a biohazard: early cataract, mild depression, occasional insomnia, high blood pressure.  

What constitutes a biohazard so dangerous that a tech's health might be endangered?  I'm on a fixed income and cannot afford another computer.  I am at a total loss.  Is this some scam to avoid honoring a warranty on a not-too-popular device?  Please advise.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,541
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Most likely tobbaco smoke (Nicotine)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nicotine?  A biohazard?  Seriously?  I'm not a smoker, so I doubt that was the "contaminant" in my laptop, but the fact that nicotine is even considered a biohazard is almost laughable.  

I read on an archived forum that pet hair is also considered a biohazard.  Again, I ask, "A biohazard?  Seriously?" Is house dust next?  

I didn't buy this unit...HP traded it for another model that was so trouble-prone, they couldn't fix it.  HP gave me a two yr "full" warranty, including accidental damage repair.  Now HP has voided almost a full year's worth of coverage for something as simple as nicotine or pet hair?  Then HP should include a big sticker on the top of all of their products which states which ordinary, everyday, environmental "contaminants" will void the warranty...or buy some gloves and Benadryl for the overly sensitive techs.  No more HP products for this old woman, ever.

I sincerely appreciate your reply.  

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation