cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
peekay34 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Configuration Utility

HP Zbook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I am currently testing the BCU configuration tool to configure the BIOS.

In the file I have these settings

BIOSConfig 1.0
;
;
TPM Specification Version
TPM Device
 Hidden
 *Available
TPM State
 Disable
 *Enable
Clear TPM
 *No
 On next boot
TPM Activation Policy
 F1 to Boot
 Allow user to reject
 *No prompts

The issue is that I get a error code 1 and 13 when I apply the settings with the TPM State not recognised as an example.

Despite this the setting changes in the BIOS does any one know why. I am running in a Task Sequence. I know I can put overides for the error codes but would prefer not to see these errors at all.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
864 864 46 89
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i suggest you invest a bit of time to work thru the Users Guide. As an example, on chapter 2, there is the following info:

/WarningAsErr                                                       When used with /Set, displays details about each setting. Unlike /verbose, any settings not applied due to warnings cause BCU to return program error code 13 instead of success.

and Appendix A has description of all Error Codes

Error code 1:          Not Supported                               WMI result code – Setting is not supported on system

make sure you are using a BCU answer file that corresponds to the current platform, and that you are using the latest version of BCU

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
68 62 1 17
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks correct to me, maybe try replace:

BIOSConfig 1.0
;
;

with:

English

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
864 864 46 89
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my recommendation is to run bcu with a /get command to obtain a new text file. then remove bios settings not needed, keep appropriate formatting and make the changes to the settings you need. then, try it again

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation