Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Mate has a crazy ex girlfriend who has placed a bios password on his laptop. 

Been trolling the documentation for the laptop and cannot find any reference to 

a BIOS password reset facility.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for this laptop.

Cheers

Thunder

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Please enter the incorrect BIOS password 3 times and reply to this post with an error / halt code, so I can reset the password for you

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi there I have a HP 15-1387WM and I tried on the page you suggested and I can't I got this code: 

System Disable

A   [73981BAB]

could you help me please.... 

HP Recommended

Same problem Disable code: [i 68668736]

HP Recommended
Reset my bios for hp envy 14 disable code is 52133888
HP Recommended

Hi @Aurora2017

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the code to remove the bios password.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I would like to know whether you have tried the link posted by @ KNRK in the previous post. I recommend you to try that and check.

You would have to contact HP phone support for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.

Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear 

i have hp 15-ayoo9a have password in bios code  i 87464577

please help me

HP Recommended

Hello, @Mohamed_86

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Did you try the link posted by @KNRK in the first reply on this thread? 

If the issue persists, please contact the HP Phone support to get the BIOS flashed. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

dear, @KNRK

i have hp 15-ayoo9a have password in bios code  i 87464577

please help me

HP Recommended

do you get de password?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.