cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
schmallzi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Recovery, cant enter bios menu

HP 15-n028sg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a really annoying problem: Everytime i start my laptop, it wont boot up. The capslock button is blinking twice so i guess the bios is damaged.

First i checked if there is a update for my bios on you driver/software download page but there isnt. So afterward i tried to recover and reinstall my bios but i cant even enter the bios update menu.

In the bios recovery manual http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 it says:

• With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
  • Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 1 to 2 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

But this isnt working. It only blinks twice continiously but wont boot.

Can anyone help me? I cant find further information regarding this issue.

I start to get really really annoyed by the problem because sometimes it takes up to 15-20 times to get the laptop running.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @schmallzi,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.

I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15-n028sg Notebook and issues with the BIOS. Try the Windows key and B, keeping the keys pressed while the Notebook starts. Don't stop pressing the keys till the Notebook starts all the way.

You could try to restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this.

Please let me know how it goes.

Click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos high five, just to say thanks for trying.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
schmallzi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,
I Tried booting with win + b but now it Wont boot at all. I kept the keys Pressed for several Minutes but after a few sec the blinking led starts again and nothing else happens.
I am really frustrated now because i am writing my thesis on this laptop and i need to work on it.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation