Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sulla1982 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios password of HP Probook 6570b

I want to boot an OS install from my USB, the bios asks for a password, bought a probook 6475b second hand.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
49219 9752 16611
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately,  business machines such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models - they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial No. and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.

If you still have the sellers contact details, see if they can remember the password.

The only other option would be to Contact HP Business support as they may be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
sulla1982 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried contacting HP support, and it asks for a product code, when i enter the one on the sticker it doesn't regonize it. 

I am stuck on windows 8.1 and I got a multi licence on the OS so I can't upgrade to windows 10. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation