Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dopon Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios recovery disc

Spectre Touchsmart XT 15-4010r
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 3-year-old laptop, HP Spectre XT Touchsmart 15-4010nr. I guess its Bios and internal Bios recovery have been corrupted, I see nothing but a black screen when I power up the computer. I need to create a Bios recovery USB disc and I need your help at this point. Here are what I have done so far :

I formatted and named a USB disc HP_TOOLS and then installed HP UEFI support environment on it. ( sp62194.exe : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62001-62500/sp62194.exe  )

I downloaded the most recent Bios version compatible with my laptop. ( sp66790.exe : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66790.exe )  This .exe file cannot be run directly. I extracted it and two more .exe files appeared. (1886F12.exe and InsydeFlash.exe ). I extracted them, too. Their content looked exactly similar.

There was a file named 01886.bin in both of them. I copied that file to \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current on the disc.

Later I went on with the usual procedure. I connected the disc to the computer, pressed and held down Windows + B keys, pressed power button for 3 seconds, released it while still pressing Windows + B, waited for some time and nothing happened. 

I may have done something wrong, I know. I will appreciate any help. One way or another, I must create that recovery disc.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ehg Tutor
Tutor
8 6 1 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios recovery disc

Did you ever get your Spectre 15 recovered?  I have a Spectre XT 13-2050NR with the same problem (possibly caused when I did a BIOS update while I had Administrator password set on current BIOS!!).

I've been searching for hours and can't find anyone who's successfully done this with a Spectre (or really anyone with a fairly modern Insyde UEFI BIOS).

0 Kudos
dopon Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios recovery disc

I did it following the instructions of barbarbar in the other topic and it worked. I also noted your method for future reference : HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation