Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Bios setting up on flash problem

HP Recommended
dv7-7147sg
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

well i do not have thins much of experince but i hoping for some to help some how

my other laptop yesterday did not want 2 start up anymore black screen no errors capslock blinking 2 times 

i saw a solution on the website to download bios on usb stick and try 2 boot it up so thats what i did but when iam  installing the bios it gives me 2 errors 1 after another  first one ihisi get support mode fail in smi! the 2nd one bios did not support insydeflash iam not sure is that because the laptops are different or what exactly 

hope u guys help me

product name is dv7-7147sg

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

umm are not anyone gonna try  2 help me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Are you able to create the recovery USB? I have the same BIOS corruption problem with my dv5-2035dx, and the HP Support .exe file tries to install the BIOS on the USB instead of giving an option to create a recovery USB. Frustrating!

Please post if you have a solution!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Temooz,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having some trouble with the BIOS. I'd be happy to help you with that. 

It sounds to me like the version of BIOS you tried to install is incompatible with your notebook.

Try doing a BIOS recovery. To recover the BIOS, complete the following steps in this document:

Please note, before trying these steps make sure you have removed all none essential USB devices and have the notebook plugged directly to a wall outlet.

1. Press the power button.

2. When the F12 key LED light is amber, press and hold the power button for five seconds until the LED turns off.

3. Press the power button again. The computer turns on for about fifteen seconds and then turns off.

4. Press the power button again. The computer turns on normally.

Also, note that you can get the correct BIOS version here:  HP Pavilion dv7-7147sg Entertainment Notebook PC

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well thanks for replying 

i did whats reuqired then but the comupter does not turn of after fifteen seconds its stays on with and does not close again unless i closed it

and yea the bios was incompatible with the other notebook

thanks for replaying again i hope we reach a solution some how 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i guess we have the same problem 😄 but iam hoping that we both can get a solution next 2 soon 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Temooz,

Did you try downloading the BIOS from the link I provided?

Please keep me posted. 

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes i did thats where i tried 2 set up on a usb stick but i got another moel thats why it did not work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Temooz,

You should be able to find the version you need here: HP Pavilion dv7-7147sg Entertainment Notebook PC

Please keep me posted. 

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes i did but how can i install it while the laptop does not turn on and lets not forget the other laptop is another model thats why i can not make it from the other laptop

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation