Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bios unlock

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8730w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I found a old laptop at my brothers place (he just passed away) and I am trying to get it working.

The thing is it has a Bios admin password which I do not know.

Could you please help me out.

info  [personal information]          P/N KW897AV

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,685 9,594 777 3,592
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. 

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I regret to your about your brother and family issues.

If you do not know the existing password for BIOS or you have forgotten in, please not that Business class notebooks  (including Elitebook, Probook) have better security. You will have to contact HP Support for assistance on removing the password. Here is how >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html

Support team should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password. 

Hope this helps.

Your feedback and update are important. Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks
I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation