Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mdpeters Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Bios update SP76318 and touchpad update SP76497

HP Notebook - 17-x010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to download these updates. Have left computer on for hours to allow them to complete. It never does. Now I read in another post don't update for updating's sake. If that is the case, how can i tell the HP Support assistant (down in the right hand corner) to ignore these?

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi @mdpeters,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with updates from HP Support assistant. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

You can alway check for the latest driver at www.support.hp.com.

For your model, those updates do not apply.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
mdpeters Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

OK, so you are telling me that these updates do not apply to my model. OK, but the update assistant in the lower right hand corner has the big yellow triangle and ! mark, and it says that I need to update. So, if I do not need these updates, how can I tell the assistant to ignore them?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

@mdpeters,

Please look at the document for Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7).

Let me know if this help.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation