Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mikemotyka Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios upgrade

HP Pavilion dv9548us
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am running windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv9548us laptop with this bios version/date : Phoenix  F.33  dated Nov. 12 2007.

Can someone tell me where I can find the updated bios or is it possible to update this bios? thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios upgrade

Hello @mikemotyka,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the BIOS issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you are looking to update your BIOS.

You can usually find BIOS updates available for your product on the HP site.  You can update the BIOS using the following document: HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

However, it seems that there are no Windows 7 BIOS drivers available for your product, on the HP site.  There is a BIOS update for the Windows Vista Operating System.  You can find drivers for your product here: Drivers - HP Pavilion dv9548us Notebook PC

Try reviewing the document for updating the BIOS first, and let me know the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
mikemotyka Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios upgrade

The laptop originally came with Vista but I updated it to Win 7.  I'm now trying to update to Win 10.  It keeps failing.  I get to 32% completed in the coping files section and 6% in the installing features and drivers.  I did update the BIOS and the other updates that appeared when I switch the look up to Vista but I got the same results when I tried to upgrade to Win 10.  Are there any know issues with this laptop that prevents it from being upgraded?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios upgrade

Hello @mikemotyka,

Thank you for the quick reply!

For future reference, this is a separate issue from the original topic.  If the issue with the BIOS is resolved, then you would need to create a new post, or start a new topic about the issues with upgrading to the Windows 10 Operating System.  

There seems to be no drivers available for your product, on the HP site, that supports the Windows 10 Operating System.  If you are able to upgrade successfully, then you may experience some performance issues, or lose of features.  If you would still like to upgrade, then try upgrading using the following tool: Media Creation Tool

Here is some additional information that may be useful to you: 

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation