cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP-ZBook-User
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Black Screen On ZBook 15 G2 - The Shared SPI Flash was recovered from Embedded Controler Flash

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2 - K3C12PA
Windows 8.1

Hi

I have just bought a HP Zbook 15 G2 (1day old),  PN K3C12PA a off the shelf unit (CPU 4910MQ, GPU 2100K, Z Turbo Drive SSD, QHD+ screen, RAM 32GB)

This unit comes with the 256 GB HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe SSD) I used the supplied disk to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8.1,

now the unit will randomly black screen, I can hear the fan and unit seems to still be on, the only way to recover is to turn of the power via the main powder button.

Fault 1

Upon reboot white screen appears with "The Shared SPI Flash was recovered from Embedded controller Flash" with the title "Embedded Controller Recovery"

I'm not able to repeat the fault just seems to be random.

Fault 2

The mouse pointer hangs and will take 30-Sec to unhang, task manager show little or no use / load.

twice the unit as frozen and required a on / off / on rests as no keyboard or track pad input would work.

I'm not able to repeat the fault just seems to be random.

Any ideas?

Regards

Antony

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
sir_code_alot
Level 3
Level 3
65 65 0 12
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello HP-ZBook-User,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your laptop. Since you have upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 7 there maybe an issue with your graphics driver as you have experienced hang ups. You can try to update all drivers using the HPSA utility. This will scan your notebook and will detect any drivers that maybe out of date or did not successfully install.

+++If you find my solution acceptable please hit the KUDOS button+++

***I work on behalf of HP and these are my personal opinions

and do not represect official HP policy***

***sir_code_alot***

0 Kudos
AML2
Level 2
20 20 0 3
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update to BIOS 1.08

0 Kudos
rjdhpz
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was this problem resolved by BIOS v. 1.08?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emil-Keys
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it's just a standard troubleshooting thing.

Installing new Firmware, updates, resetting BIOS, etc.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation