Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Need help. Did a backup like the system asked for. Shut my PC down but when I went to go in to check my emails it wouldn't start up .It just has a black screen and the F12 key stays red.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Took the battery out then replaced it and my laptop is back to normal. Such an easy fix.
HP Recommended

Hello mabebabe,

I see that you were having start up problems with your HP computer.

Is the issue totally resolved? Thanks for posting an update of what worked for you!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

hi i also got the same problem. i removed the battery and put again. but still i have the same problem. is that issue solved for you? if yes how do you get rid of it?

HP Recommended

Hi Manoj_pradeep,

I understand you are getting a f12 key with a red light on it. Resetting your computer forces the system to clear and reestablish the software connections. If you follow this document it will help resolve your issue. Start with a Hard reset.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have this same problem but when I resarted my laptop reported Boot Manager missing. The caps lock light flashes slowly twice before it pauses.
HP Recommended

Hi Poshbird8:

Thank you for your inquiry. I will do my best to assist you!

When posting it is most helpful if you include the exact model of computer and the operating system you are running.

I understand that you are getting a Boot Manager missing error on startup.

Here is a link to a document on "Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps"   click here.  If you would like further assistance please reply back with the information requested, and any results from your troubleshooting efforts.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.