Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
treypop Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen after login after windows 10 anniversary update

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b031u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I get a black screen after getting the windows 10 anniversary update. I log in and use it for a few minutes then the screen goes black. After a minute of black screen it turns off. How do I fix this?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18183 18133 1477 2506
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen after login after windows 10 anniversary update

@treypop
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

​​​​​​​

As I understand the computer is powering on but there's no display on the screen, 
The computer turns off after a few seconds after it's turned on,

Please perform the below steps:

Perform a hard reset (click here for details)

If the computer still turns off every few seconds, try with an alternate adapter and/or remove the battery and try turning on the computer without the battery, 

only connect the adapter and start, let me know if that works.

Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation