Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Black screen of death

HP Recommended
Beats Studio laptop 15-p089na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

We have bought several of these models of laptop for our school. Many of them are suffering with a random black screen of death. Without warning, the screen goes black (with the laptop still on and power button alight). No amount of button pressing or clicking of the mouse will reactive (wake) the screen. Nothing visible at all. The only fix is to hold down the power button and restart it. If it were just one laptop, I'd think it was a fault. But with many doing it (once a fotnight approx) it makes me think there's a bigger fault with the model/software?

No pattern evident (sometimes they are running off a battery, mains power, sometimes using MSWord, sometimes idle...)

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi wadzee,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, I bought hp envy laptop and on the fifth time of using it the screen went black and wouldn't change.
I switched it off and on again a few times and only keyboard works but not screen.
It's new laptop bought month ago.
Shall I send it to the service?
Please help.
I'm quite upset and disappointed 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nika1,

I see that you are suffering from a black screen as well. Since your model is just a month old give us a call. You can reach HP Total Care by filling out the Contact HP Form. Once you have put in your product number and filled out the information you will get a phone number and a case number.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation