Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bgerard820 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen with underscore flashing on upper left of screen

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can get into startup menu but unable to get into any of the Information. Using F keys
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16935 1112 1804
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen with underscore flashing on upper left of screen

Hi @Bgerard820,

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,

I'd like to help :)

As I understand Fn keys are not working on your HP PC. Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

Let's try these steps here:

Perform a hard reset on the notebook.

Click the Start button, then click Run .

2.In the Run window, next to Open , type MSCONFIG .

3.Press the ENTER key.

4.In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.

5.On the Startup tab, under Startup Item , ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by clicking here

For windows 10 drivers: Click here 

(ignore the ads, 3rd party link has been sent to ensure your issue is fixed, I'm going beyond my way to help you and if you would like to give me virtual high five, Click on the purple thumbs up :) )

Let me know how that pans out,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation