cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
ChandraRR Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank Screen

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo.. Need your help.

My Notebook is HP 14-AF120AU. I try to upgrade RAM from 2GB to 8GB.

But after i do that, my notebook didn't startup well and the screen just blank in black and flickering.

It also make beep sound 3x long and 2x short.

Then i try to set back RAM to earlier 2GB but same thing happens, but no beep sound anymore.

Did something goes wrong with my screen or anything else?

Please help me..

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 827 1,440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank Screen

Hello @ChandraRR, thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that after upgrading RAM from 2GB to 8GB the notebook does not boot up. Let me try and help you here. I checked and found that the motherboard supports DDR3L-1600 SDRAM. Please ensure that you have installed a compatible memory.  Also, suggest you to review this link: http://hp.care/2dHpoGV

Alternately, you may remove the new memory out and install the old memory to check if the notebook boots into Windows. Let me know if this troubleshooter identifies or resolves the issue, or if you've maybe already tried this. Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation