Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv7 laptop.  It's been working great for one year now, tow weeks ago i had a problem with the battery and then week ago when turning on, nothing is displayed. Only black screen. No HP logo, no , no BIOS messages, the fan sound can be heard. the num lock and cabs lock blink blinking of numlock and caps lock when I went to HP website they said it may be a Graphic Controller not functioning , when I connect to an external monitor to the vga-port. It didnt work. Is there  any suggestion.

with best regards 

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi moneim

The only suggestion I can give you is to have HP repair the problem. I assume it is out of warranty therefore you will have to pay for the repairs. 

It is indeed the graphics controller that is causing this problem and there is nothing you can do but have it repaired.

Here is a link to the keyboard blinking error codes by HP:-

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.

You, like all of us on this forum, are but victims of HP defective products. 

Regan Domingo

Click on the golden kudos! star to show your appreciation for the information; Click on the Solution? if I solved your confusion
HP Recommended

Me again

Just for hopefulness sake, lets try a hard reset and see if it works. At least we tried something, right.

1-Power off your PC

2-remove the a/c adapter, battery and everything else that is attached to your PC.

3-now press and hold the 'POWER 'button down on your PC for about 6-10 seconds.

4- plug in the a/c power supply (without battery) and power on.

Good Luck

Regan Domingo

Click on the golden kudos! star to show your appreciation for the information; Click on the Solution? if I solved your confusion
HP Recommended

Dear Regan Domingo

thank you for your immediate response,

I've tried hard reset but nothing happened.

I've sent an email to HP email support and I am waiting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

HP Recommended

Dear all

Hi 

I contacted HP Support and they asked me to ship the notebook to them because it is under what they called  standard warranty and when they checked  they found the  LCD panel is broken and this type of damages they considered it as Customer Induced Damages and are not covered under standard warranty and its cost $ 421.88 for repair.

the total cost of this laptop when I bought 2 years ago is only $1100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moneim

HP Recommended

Hi All

Concerning the problem with my laptop HP repaired it without any service charge and that is good for me but when I recieved it I found a damage on the the screen and this happened during the shipping procedure but HP said it is a customer induces damage and the asked me to pay for the repairing!!!!!!!!!!

Moneim

HP Recommended

My wife's HP Laptop started doing this yesterday.  The Num Lock and Cap Lock LEDs would blink 4 times pause 4 times etc. with no display. 

After an hour with HP tech support we discovered that the secondary RAM slot was bad. 

This Laptop has 2 RAM cards.  The Laptop will boot fine with either RAM card in the Primary slot but the Laptop will not boot with RAM in the Secondary slot.

We are sending the Laptop to HP for warranty repair, but at least we are able to use it for now and back up the data since it boots fine with RAM in the Primary slot.

rl

HP Recommended

Try what Russ Suggested.  It worked for me and I had the exact problem

HP Recommended

Hi Regan Domingo!

I just wanna thank you for a very special ,but a very good advice!

I had the same problem and tried your special solution, and it worked!

Thanks again- you saved my week!! 

Gejer from Norway

HP Recommended

Dear Regan Domingo

I have a dv6-2088dx and it worked for me!   Kudos to you!  Thank you , Thank you , Thank you !!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.