The HP Community is here for you.
06-27-2009 01:31 PM
06-27-2009 05:17 PM
Here are informations about this situation and yes replacement of CPU will solve this issue.
06-27-2009 09:17 PM
06-28-2009 07:26 AM
07-10-2010 04:33 PM
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY HP DV5-1111EA:LEDS BLINKING CODE 1 ,BUT IS CORRECT:CPU IS FAULTY?BECAUSE I WISH TO BUY NEW CPU.
(SOMETIMES MY LAPTOP BOOT UP OK, NO ERROR,ALL IT'S OK ,THEN FREEZE).THANKS.
07-10-2010 08:02 PM
Check below document:
07-24-2010 12:41 PM
According to service documentation for dv5-1000 series models (which You may find here) below processors are compatible with this product:
- AMD Turion™ Ultra Dual-Core 35W ZM-86 2.40-GHz with 2-MB L2 cache
- AMD Turion Ultra Dual-Core 35W ZM-82 2.20-GHz, with 2-MB L2 cache
- AMD Turion Ultra Dual-Core 35W ZM-80 2.10-GHz, with 2-MB L2 cache
- AMD Turion Dual-Core 35W RM-70 2.00-GHz with 1-MB L2 cache
- AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core 35W QL-60 1.90-GHz with 1-MB L2 cache
10-13-2010 08:33 AM
Did you get this sorted with the new CPU?
I have same issue with 2 blink codes. I replaced Motherboard and still the same. It had origianlly 3 blinks then changed to 2 blinks. This means its corrupt Bios according to HP Support Site. I took out cmos battery to reset bios to no avail. There is no display either on laptop lcd or ext display so i cannot get into bios.
Anyone have any issues.
Thanks to anyone in advance