cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
feliximarz
1 1 0 0
Message 71 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blinking caps and num lock lights

WE SHOULD START AN OCCUPY HP PROTEST... THERE ARE TOO MANY OF US WIT THE SAME PROB!

0 Kudos
JWiRX
Level 3
41 41 0 2
Message 72 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ha, that would probably catch on better than the Wall Street vs.

0 Kudos
ctcook81
2 1 0 0
Message 73 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue with my dv7-4169wm.  I used the HP BIOS update utility and it bricked my laptop.  Now when I turn it on the caps lock blincks twice (corrupt BIOS).  I've tried creating a bootable usb drive witht the new BIOS on it, but can't get it to flash the bios.  I've tried other things as well, but nothing is working.

0 Kudos
JWiRX
Level 3
41 41 0 2
Message 74 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would definitely contact HP on that. It is probably something they can help you with. That is just a bios issue, not a hardware issue, so you should be able to recover from that. Get a hold of them and let them know of the issue, and how to fix it. I have seen in other forums there are ways to recover from this. Good luck.

0 Kudos
niniss
Level 3
75 74 0 2
Message 75 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today i just got myself an Acer netbook from Target so if my dv3 dies on me i'd have a backup.  Speaking of my dv3, it's been over a month since i left it on 24/7 and it's still working fine.   During this time i had to shut it off once so i tried to boot without the optical drive but the problem is the same - flashing every 6 seconds and took forever to boot - so i'm still leaving it on 24/7.  Sigh...   

0 Kudos
kevchenko
1 1 0 0
Message 76 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mine is the same , continous blinking, ever find a fix?

0 Kudos
JWiRX
Level 3
41 41 0 2
Message 77 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both caps and num lock blinking? No, no fix for it here. The laptop is dead. I can get it to turn on every once in a while, but it usually dies within a minute if I can get it on. Its not worth fixing, as the cost of doing so would be more then the value of the laptop. Your better off getting the hard drives out of there, and trying to sell the rest on eBay for some short cash. It is what I will be doing soon.

0 Kudos
HPExpertise
4 4 0 0
Message 78 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bought my laptop and under one month it had the LED num and caps light blinking and nothing was coming on the screen. I sent it to HP and once it came back my laptop didn't feel as good as it was. Once HP "repaired" it I got the same problem in under 1 week again. I sent it back to them once again. This happened again. When I tried to tell them the 4th time they had cancelled my warranty for my laptop. Now this laptop is nearly garbage. Now here I am sitting in my room and one day I decide to take my laptop out and test it. It turns on and works perfectly. I then shut it down and plug it in to charge. I wake up the next morning unplug the laptop and its now back to LED lights blinking. Oh well I learned a lesson-Never to buy HP products ever again. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this please reply. I check the LED blink code and mine is 1. It says contact HP which can no longer do because my warranty was cancelled and so was phone support.

0 Kudos
JWiRX
Level 3
41 41 0 2
Message 79 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What was the time frame from when it first started until the last time you had it happen and HP refused to fix it?

There is no way they should refuse to fix a laptop that had a knowing problem from one month of purchase! None at all! This would fall under a lemon law, and each state may be different. But pretty much, if you have a recurrent issue that still cannot be corrected after a third try, and you had this problem during your warranty period, there is no way they can get away with that. Dont let them! Fight it. I would be furious. With the amount of defective products this company puts out, its a wonder they are still in business at all, let alone laptops.

Dont let it go! This is really garbage how they treated this issue with you. Its a known repeatable issue with many of their lines of laptops, and this has to stop somewhere. They have to pay!!

You hear that HP?! I know you troll these forums, why dont you every respond to the poor suckers who buy your garbage?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HPExpertise
4 4 0 0
Message 80 of 187
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, this problem continued to happen within one year and I finally gave up when they cancelled my warranty. It has been about a year since this is happened. I doubt they will be willing to do anything about it. Looks like I am going to apple now. Anyway's HP has all kinds of problems such as their representatives on the phone don't know ENGLISH. I try to talk to them and they say what and keep on telling me to repeat what I said. Next, after 6 hours on the phone the representative told me I will have to send it to them. (Not an exaggeration actually took 6 hours. I had to switch phones 3 times because the battery kept on dying.) Anyways, HP is a waste of my money and my time. I had a 3 year extended warranty and phones support. I think phone support alone is 80 dollars, which is a complete waste of money when you can't even understand the representative on the phone. Anyways I can't do anything about this now. Just hoping someone will try and help my fix my problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation