cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blu-ray problems on Pavilion dv7-1070ee Windows 7 x64

HP Recommended

Hi, I recently formatted my laptop and installed Windows 7 enterprise x64 on it. Now when I install a Blu-ray movie, it is not detected and prompts to insert another disc. If I insert a DVD movie or other data disc it works fine.

Can someone help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,901 16,789
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

One possible cause is that there is a problem with the Blu ray laser, but I would definetely try the following to see if it resolves the issue.

Cyberlinks PowerDVD 10 is now available for HP notebooks and can be downloaded on the link below - save the installer to your downloads folder.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53029.exe

When the download has completed, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features and uninstall HP MediaSmart DVD.  When the uninstall has completed, restart the notebook and when Windows has fully loaded, double click the PowerDVD 10 installer to begin the installation.  Again, when the installation has completed, restart the notebook and then try a Blu ray disc.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation