Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kulit2 Tutor
Tutor
5 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Blue Screen Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I just bought HP Pavlion dm4 1209tx and I am getting blue screen error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It usually occurs when I am playing music or watching videos. At first the system will just hang then the blue screen will appear. I am just a beginner so any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1538
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

See if this program will show what driver is causing the BSOD, then update that driver.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

0 Kudos
Kulit2 Tutor
Tutor
5 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response! I was able to run the application and I found out that NETw5s64.sys is the one causing the problem. I want to update this driver but I don't know how. Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance! :)

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1538
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Its your Intel Wifi (wireless) driver.

Download the latest driver from here, then execute the package to install it.

0 Kudos
Kulit2 Tutor
Tutor
5 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was able to update the driver, thanks to you!

So far, the system is not yt hanging or givng me a blue screen. I really hope I wont get any more problem.

Again, thank you! :)

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1538
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You are welcome.

Welcome to the HP forums.

Achio Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the same problem whit my hp envy 17.3, m7-j020dx, for be more specific, i was bought in florida best buy on black friday. I ran the updates and update each of them, including video and bios but i feel the same and the same way watching online videos. Do not know if this has something todo with the hardware or software. I would like to know where i have to call or give me a solution to this problem because, I`m still under warranty, according to hp page. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation