Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tree31 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error

Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey,

I have Windows 7 running on my HP Pavilion g6 Laptop:

Notebook Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook pC

Product Number: QE058UA#ABA

Yesterday I clicked accidentally on the  Windows 10 popup dialog which appeared below right in the corner   . The system run 20 minutes and did some cofiguration,  as a result I am getting this error in the advanced boot options.

coooo21a {fatal eystem error}. The initial session process or system procress terminated unexpectedly with status of
0x0000001 0x000107c8. The system has been shut down

I have tried several options to solve the problem:

1.Lunch startup Repair (recommended) --->

Problem signuture:

Problem Event Name:         StartRepairOffline

Promlem Signature 01:      6.1.7600.16385

Promlem Signature 02:      6.1.7600.16385

Promlem Signature 03:      unknown

Promlem Signature 04:      -1

Promlem Signature 05:      AutoFailover

Promlem Signature 06:     18

Promlem Signature 07:     BadPatch

OS version:                             6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:                                1033

If I select "view advanced options for system recovery and support"-->

a) statup Repair     --> I am getting the error above

b)System Restore  --> No store points have been created on your computer's system drive. To create a restore point open system protection

c)System Image Recovery --> Windows can not find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options (I do not have the recovery cd but I have created bootable windows 7 cd by ImgBurn programm)

d)Windows Memory Diagnostic --> when runnig it nothing is being found

c)Command Prompt (with its help I backuped my data, run chkdsk C: /f /r /x, and sfc /scannow)

i)chkdsk C: /f /r /x

result: failed to transfer logged messaged to the event log with status 50.

ii) sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process wil take some time.

There is a system repair peding which requires reboot to complete. restart Windows and run sfc again (When I run it again nothing happens)

2.In the advanced Boot options (starting the laptop and keeping pressing F8) none of these options helped me but with "Disable automatic restart on system failure" I could see the error:

coooo21a {fatal eystem error}. The initial session process or system procress terminated unexpectedly with status of
0x0000001 0x000107c8. The system has been shut down

3.Restarting the laptop--> ESC-->F2--> HP Advanced System Diagnose --> Start-Up test --> Optimized DST: Not Available

4. Now I made bootable windows 7 CD to reinstall Windows 7 but the problem I can not boot from the internal CD/DVD ROM Drive. I tried to boot from this CD by other laptop and I could boot from it.

Restarting the laptop and pressing ESC --> F9 --> Internal CD/DVD Rome drive --> Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

I  have checked the Boot order in the Bios (F10)--> system configurations-->Boot options (CD-ROM Boot - Enable; Floppy Boot - Disabled;  Internal Network Adapter Boot - Disabled )--> Boot order:

Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive

Notebook Hard Drive

USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk

USB CD/DVD ROM Drive

! USB Floppy

!  Network Adapter

I read about the Boot secure here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054

but I do not found this option in my Bios!

I hope u can help me to solve the problem or describing me how can I boot from my bootable cd   sine I tried everything I know Smiley Sad

I appreciate any help.

Regards,

tree31

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @Tree31, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others!

I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the issue you are having with the Fatal System Error on your HP Pavilion g6-1c35dx Notebook PC. 

Note: please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Have you tried to see if you can test for hardware failures?

I did some research and found a couple of documents from the Microsoft Forums. There was one available called c000021a fatal system error and status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x00100514). There are some great troubleshooting steps available that may help. The other document is called What is error code 0x00000001? Although it does say for Windows Vista, it may be helpful in Windows 7 also. This also had an abundant amount of solutions for you to try. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. Please make sure to let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided. 

If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

To simply say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tree31 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for offering the help.

I have tired the most troubleshooting. At the end, I backuped the data from the command prompt, changed the boot order so that "USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk" is on the top of the boot order in the bios, and booted from the USB. I formatted the drives and installed a new windows 7.

Thanks again!

Best
tree31

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It sounds like you were able to resolve the issue! I am glad to hear that! Please make sure to let others know what steps to try and the solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. 

If you would like to say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! 

Take care :) 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation