Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 32 (6,964 Views)
Accepted Solution

Blue Screen from Vista

I have a DV6000 with vista and I occasionally get a blue screen and I don't know what it's from. The info that comes up on my screen after my computer restarts is :

Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional info about the problem
BCCode:    d1
  BCP1:    00000010
  BCP2:    00000002
  BCP3:    00000001
  BCP4:    82E5B0C8
  OS Version:    6_0_6002
  Service Pack:    2_0
  Product:    768_1

I just recently downloaded Service Pack 2 update, could it be from that? If not, what it causing this problem?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Blue Screen from Vista

Your problem is because of CA Internet Security program.

File KmxFilter.sys which belongs to this program is causing this BSOD.

Solution on this problem You will find here. It's posted by Broni. :)

View solution in context
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 32 (6,941 Views)

Brady,

One way you can make sure it is not the SP2 you just downloaded is to uninstall the SP2 and see if the problem continues. Another way of doing this is to go to System Restore and restore to the point right before the SP 2 was installed.

Let us know how it goes.  :smileyhappy:

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks.  :smileywink:

Poo Student
Student
Message 3 of 32 (6,951 Views)

I too have gotten the blue screen of death on my HP Pavilion DV2633TX media notebook. Stupid me didnt make any recovery disks and my laptop on boot up only gives the blue screen so I have no way of getting in there any further, except being able to boot up off the disk drive instead of the hard drive. I have looked at the HP website so I can order recovery disks but it seems they want to make things as hard as possible as the website acts like my wife when I ask her to do something, and phoning support only gives me a curt answer and then a hang up when they find out that my warranty has expired.

Im fed up with this and would love any help I can get ie - Are there recovery disks available to buy for my laptop, and if so can I get them from Australia or do I have to order from overseas?

Thanks in advance.

Intern
Message 4 of 32 (6,946 Views)

k i uninstalled Service Pack 2. I have already noticed a difference in how my computer is performing. Before the computer was getting really hot and fan on full blast, but not anymore. I'm not sure yet if this has fixed the problem because the blue screen was occuring at random times. Sometimes once a week and sometimes not for weeks at times. Could have been an overheating issue possibly, not sure.
Provost
Message 5 of 32 (6,896 Views)

@bradyll99,

Hi,

Enable Dump files in Vista:

1. Press Start and click Control Panel

2. Type Advanced in the search box

3. Click on View advanced system settings in the search results

4. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings

5. In the Write debugging information drop down, click Small memory dump. Uncheck also Automatically restart under system failure and press OK

Find Dump file:

Go to this path: and check is there any *.dmp file

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

and check is there any *.dmp file. If not then wait for another BSOD. When it will appear again there will be a file like this.

Transfer this files on any server and post to it link in this thread. I think then this way we will be able to help You with Your problem.

How to upload file on server. For example:

Go to this site.

Click on Upload files to MediaFire button. Next choose I want to upload without account. Point path to Your file and give me link to it. That's all. :smileywink:

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Intern
Message 6 of 32 (6,865 Views)

guess it's not the service pack doin it cause it just happened again
Intern
Message 7 of 32 (6,861 Views)

k here's the link, http://www.mediafire.com/?yg0mwmtw3tm
Provost
Message 8 of 32 (6,887 Views)

Your problem is because of CA Internet Security program.

File KmxFilter.sys which belongs to this program is causing this BSOD.

Solution on this problem You will find here. It's posted by Broni. :)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Intern
Message 9 of 32 (6,827 Views)

sweet thanks a lot. This studpid internet security has given me issues in the past with a BSOD from the firewall.
Provost
Message 10 of 32 (6,810 Views)

I'm glad then Your problem is solved now too. :)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation