cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RobAdmin Top Student
Top Student
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue Screen triggered by teefer2.sys. Symantec Endpoint Protection.

I have several HP EliteBook 8460p notebooks deployed running Symantec Endpoint Protection client version 11.0.5002.333. All of them experience periodic Blue Screen failures triggered by the file teefer2.sys. I have several 8440ps that are not affected by this. All notebooks are running on Windows 7 Pro., 32 bit.

The only difference (and this may be the key) is that I installed the SEP client on the 8460p notebooks using an install package. The 8440p's were installed via server push.

I have removed the SEP client from a few of the 8460p's and then pushed the install to them to see if that makes a difference.

Meanwhile, I will not be upgrading the SEP server software, which may solve this issue. Does anyone else have any suggestions on this issue?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
thomas_symantec Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue Screen triggered by teefer2.sys. Symantec Endpoint Protection.

I suggest upgrading, there were known issues with RU5 (first Windows7 version). The latest version available is RU7 MP1, you can log into your FileConnect account with a valid serial number to download the software.

Release Notes - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103087&locale=en_US

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation