Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

2 weeks after receiving my HP envy 4 ultrabook i started seeing  blue screen on my windows with iastor.sys problem. (after ~10 minutes of working on the computer) 

I have ran all BIOS Hardware checks (Hard drive, Memory, etc...) and even recovered the OS to the factory settings.

No Hardware problem were found and the problem remained even after recovering the factory OS.

I used my local HP warranty (I live in Israel - computer  purchased at  US) , and they had ran checks for the problem didn't find any and replaced my motherboard (that had to be shipped from US) but the problem remains.

They finally decided to reinstalling Windows OS from a CD drive and not from the recovery image, and the problem disappeared.

This led them to conclude that this is a Software problem, which in not supported under the international warranty.

I have just received my computer back with the same problem and they told me I should get a new Image or a new OS.

The computer has been with me for 2 month already half of the time it was in repair that didn't fix the problem for me. 

Any Ideas what I can do? 

I don't have another windows 7 version... and I don't think I should pay money to get this thing fixed

Product Name and Number: HP envy 4-1015dx

Operating System installed: Windows 7 64-bit

Error message: Blue Screen with iastor.sys message

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Have you tried updating to latest Intel Storage driver posted for your model?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5273...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

If you can read the 25 character Microsoft Windows 7 product key attached to laptop, you can download a Windows 7 ISO file to burn to a DVD for the version of windows that came installed on your laptop.

Link to the W7 ISO file downloads is below.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD installation tool to create a bootable DVD or usb flash drive from the ISO file you download from Digital River.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Use the 25 character product key on the PC to activate the installation.

To ease driver installation after fresh install of Windows 7, locate SwSetup folder on C drive and copy it to DVD or external usb hdd. This folder contains installers for most software and drivers that cameon the laptop.

HP Recommended

Yes, I updated to the latest model. it did'nt help

Thanks

HP Recommended

Did you try the suggestion in my last Reply above about burning a Windows 7 dvd to install from?

HP Recommended

Thanks, I just finished the instalation process with all the drives and the probelm returns!!!

I suspect that the actual drivers I have on swsetup might be bad, any Ideas?

HP Recommended

Try Intel's driver update utilty:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm Roy and I'm having the same problem with the same model Envy 4-1015dx. Bought it two months ago at BestBuy.

BSOD every 10 to 15 min. caused by iastor.sys file/driver.

I know it has a 1 year warranty but i don't really want to waste all that time in sending it/waiting/finding out that it has a solution that i can do in 10 min.

That's why im here, to ask if there is a quick solution, or if do i have no choice but to send it to HP.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same problem in the last 2 days. After installing windows 8. I have envy 4t-1000. I tried the Intel thing (I think it's the matrix raid thing) but nothing. Any help please.

HP Recommended

@soniat,

Are you referring to the Intel Storage Matrix?  This is usually a program to manage hard drive configurations in a RAID format once in Windows. 

The iastor.sys is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver itself. 

If you are able to get into Windows at all, try installing this driver.  Download iata_enu.exe for English versions of Windows or iata_cd.exe for non-English versions of Windows. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.