Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

everything on the screen that should be white is blue/aqua-this includes sign on windows.I have windows 7 Compaq Presario CQ56 and have tried various things tofix including trouble shooting  for dispaly quality.The problem only exsist in the screen area the toolbars are white but,but the areas where u can type is blue/aqua Even on my videos everything that should be white is a blue/aqua feel sort of like the computer is in 16-bit mode,and i have a 64bit system.Please help me to resolve this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I have the same problem - did you get it fixed ??

I found that if you go into colour management and adjust the green slider the blue flickers off, and you can save it at that, but you are left with a few small red dots here and there. This doesn't completely fix the problem but it does render the computer useable.
I believe the problem is in the graphics card/driver somewhere

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi doctor7112. What is the model number of your  Compaq Presario CQ56?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

The first thing that comes to mind, is an issue I experienced with Microsoft Photo Viewer. This will walk you through the steps to change your color profile, which might help. Don't worry about the title of the document, but go through the steps in Color Management outlined here by "Shekhar S"
Window 7 Photo Viewer shows pictures with orange and yellow tint
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/window-7-photo-viewer-shows-pict...

If that doesn't work, try Microsoft's automated troubleshooter.

Microsoft Fixit.
Troubleshoot monitor and video card problems:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-vista/troubleshoot-monitor-and-video-card-problems

Let me know the results when you have completed them.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

SOLUTION DID NOT WORK

HP Recommended

Hi doctor7112. Just to clarify, I do not know the solution at this time, we are going through troubleshooting steps to try to determine the cause. Can you give me more details about the results of the steps I have provided? Can you refer to my previous post and provide me your model number?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I have the same problem - did you get it fixed ??

I found that if you go into colour management and adjust the green slider the blue flickers off, and you can save it at that, but you are left with a few small red dots here and there. This doesn't completely fix the problem but it does render the computer useable.
I believe the problem is in the graphics card/driver somewhere
HP Recommended

this has fixed it so far like you said i have to work with it a little longer and see if it helps long term will let you know later

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.