Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 34 (67,251 Views)

Bluetooth ON/OFF toggle button not Showing in Windows 8 charms Settings>Wireless tab

Hi,

Product name -  Pavilion g6 2016tx notebook. 

Earlier i've windows 7 installed on my system but i replaced windows 7 os from windows 8  os. I didn't upgrade it but i formated the windows 7 and put windows 8 on it. Then i installed audio driver, synaptic touchpad device driver,these drivers are working fine but wen i installed Ralink WIFI adapter driver then it created some problems like when i do sleep my laptop and then come back from sleep mode then WIFI doesn't work, to solve this problem i've to restart my laptop then it works fine. Sometimes i start my laptop then WIFI doesn't work  then to solve this problem i've to restart my laptop.

Secondly, Hp support assistant doesn't provide the right driver software for AMD raedon graphics card,intel graphics card etc. I've installed audio driver and it works fine but Hp support assistant list down the names of audio driver and other software that are already installed on my machine when i click on updates & tunes up ->check for Hp updates now.

Third and main problem, i am not able to use bluetooth but it is showing in task bar and notification area item but it is not showing in Settings->Change PC Settings->Wireless tab.

Please help me out ASAP.

Thnaks in advance.

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 34 (67,225 Views)

Re: Bluetooth ON/OFF toggle button not Showing in Windows 8 charms Settings>Wireless tab

[ Edited ]

Try uninstalling the wireless components(Bluetooth,Wifi) Drivers and then restartig the Laptop and let the Windows detect the Hardware on its own...then it will search the windows update and download the required driver. 

If this does not work then you can : 

1) Open Run (Win+R)

2) Key in devmgmt.msc

3) The Bluetooth will be available as an Unkown Device.

4) Roght click on the icon and press Update Driver Software.

5) The click on the Automatically Search the Web Option. 

See if this works.. Or write Back again.

Kudo..!! me if I helped you solve the problem. 

Tutor
Message 3 of 34 (67,178 Views)

Re: Bluetooth ON/OFF toggle button not Showing in Windows 8 charms Settings>Wireless tab

I've tried both your solution but it didn't help me....
Please help me out...
Student
Message 4 of 34 (67,092 Views)

hi,

Just press on your desktop Window+X key then just simply press b key "Windows Mobility Center" will be opend, you will Bluetooth icon there then check whether your bluetooth is on or off, if its off make on & you will be able to acess the Bluetooth.

If still you are unable to access then in the same Center you will find  the "Function Key Row" make it from "Funtion key" to "Multimedia Key" you will be able to get.

thnx

Tutor
Message 5 of 34 (67,085 Views)

Bluetooth icon is not present in Windows Mobility Center.

But it is present in task bar near clock.

Regents Professor
Message 6 of 34 (67,027 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Hp_Pavillion_g6.  I understand you're having some trouble with your bluetooth.

It would be helpful to know exactly which bluetooth device is installed in your computer.  I would like you to try to find the Hardware ID of the device for me.  Try the following.

1. Press the Windows+X key combination.  This opens the Context Menu.
  2. Select Device Manager.
  3. Expand every section and locate any "Unknown" or "Other" devices.
  4. Right click on each of these devices and select "Properties."
  5. Navigate to the Details tab.
  6. Select "Hardware IDs" from the drop-down menu.
  7. Post these here.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Tutor
Message 7 of 34 (67,006 Views)

In Other devices section, it is showing :

* PCI Device

* Unknown Device

Hardware Id of PCI Device :

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_183E103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_183E103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF00

But Hardware Id is not present in the properties of Unknown Device.

Regents Professor
Message 8 of 34 (66,997 Views)

Hello Hp_Pavillion_g6.

Try installing this driver.  After the installation is complete you should restart your computer and verify whether the "Unknown" device also disappears.

I'd like you to go back and check the Device Manager for a "Bluetooth" section.  Do you have one and if so, what device is listed?

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Tutor
Message 9 of 34 (66,972 Views)

After installing above driver, "PCI Device" is not present in "Other Devices" Section But "Unknown Device" is still present.

In Bluetooth Section, these devices are listed :

* Generic Bluetooth Adapter

* Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Hardware ID of Generic Bluetooth Adapter :

USB\VID_148F&PID_2000&REV_6817
USB\VID_148F&PID_2000

Hardware ID of Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator :

BTH\MS_BTHBRB

Regents Professor
Message 10 of 34 (66,951 Views)

Hello again Hp_Pavillion_G6.

I am having trouble locating a Windows 8 driver for that hardware.  Ralink/Motorola may not have created an updated driver for the Windows 8 operating system.  I suggest you try installing the Windows 7 driver using the Compatibility Mode feature.  

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation