cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WyreNut
Level 15
16,283 14,834 1,042 2,107
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A2DP has been around for quite a while - I even used it in my ancient Palm TX!

Do the Bose headphones have a specific command for pairing?  Often, a button press or combination is needed for it to look for another device.

Check the documentation for the headphones.  Be sure the laptop is also in "Scan" mode when you Add a Device.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
David12228
Author
Level 4
102 60 0 2
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Wirenut,

Paul-Tikkanen sent me a link to another driver, but that didn't work either, at least not yesterday. Curiously, having had absolutely no success for 3 days, the Bluetooth started working when I booted up this morning. Of course with this machine that doesn't mean it'll be working tomorrow! I take everything one day at a time with this unenviable Envy.

As for the heasdset I obviously didn't make myself clear. It is a Quiet Comfort 15, noise -cacelling headset. No Bluetooth there. I'm using a Bluetooth "receiver", a little gizmo that the Bose headset plugs into.

Thanks again for your input,

David.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation