Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ahmed_Ismail Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth device not found

Hello , I have a weired problem with my bluetooth device in my win 7 laptop HP dv6 6070.I used to use my bluetooth device normally but after resetting my laptop to it's factory configuration and delete hp&recovery partition i couldn't use it any more.
In the past I could see my bluetooth device in many places like  HP wireless assistant  and device manager but now I don't.
I don't even see my bluetooth device in the uninstalled devices list in device manager.
In the past i got the message combo off, combo on when i try  f12 key but now i just get wlan on/off.
when i try to install it's driver i get a message "No blueooth device was detected. please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation" .

I don't know what should i do to get back my bluetooth.It was broadcom 2070.
Many Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5085 326 1046
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed_Ismail,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand the computer's Bluetooth driver is missing and you are unable to use Bluetooth features. I understand this can be annoying, but I will my best to assist you! Please try downloading and installing this driver to resolve the issue: Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth Software and Driver

This should be able to resolve the issue. Either way, please provide your results. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all i would like to thank you for you time and consideration backing to my problem I previously tried  to install this driver as i mentioned and i got a message

"No blueooth device was detected. please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation" 

with one option to "Cancel installation" 

I tried the driver in your link (it was the same link i used previously) and i got the same message

"No blueooth device was detected. please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation" 

note :this message apears after the driver exract it's files on my hard drive
any other solutions

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5085 326 1046
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information!

I did a little research on what could be causing this. The Bluetooth module of the computer might be loose or faulty. The software can extract and run, so it is hard to believe that there is a software conflict.

For more assistance, I would contact HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks and have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your consideration i am going to work on your advice and i will inform you with results Here in this topic.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation