Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Annshul Tutor
Tutor
15 9 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth is not working in Windows 10

Hp Pavilion dm4-1006 TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I've been using windows 10 from past 1 year and Bluetooth was working perfectly fine. 

Recently I changed my HDD and reinstalled OS. 

After that Bluetooth is not working at all.

In Notification/Action Center area also bluetooth option is not visible. 

Screenshot (2).png

I have also set the start up type Automatic for these 2 services,

Bluetooth Support Service 

Bluetooth Handsfree Service

But still bluetooth icon or service is not available.

Kindly help me to reslove the issue. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Annshul,

Thank you for your query. What is your precise model of HP notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you have been using Bluetooth with Windows 10 for about a year without issue.You recently changed the hard drive and reinstalled the OS but you no longer see Bluetooth. You have set both of the Bluetooth options to start automatically. Is Bluetooth listed in Device Manager? When you reinstalled Windows 10 did you use recovery media or did you install from retail media? Have you tried running the HP Support Assistant? Here is a link that may help. HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8). Although the following link is for Windows 7 you should still find it useful. HP PCs - Fixing Bluetooth Problems (Windows 7). Please keep me updated on your progress. 

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click theThumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

Annshul Tutor
Tutor
15 9 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sparkles1,
Thank you for the response.

1.In device manager, bluetooth is not visible.

2. I have reinstalled Windows 10 via USB drive that I had created from Microsoft site.

3. Yeah I used HP support assistant but it says you will automatically get the Windows 10 drivers via Microsoft's updates so far I didn't find Windows 10 drivers from Hp support assistant. Although windows 7 drivers are available at Hp Portal but not compatible with windows 10.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Annshul,

Thank you for the update.  First we need Device Manager to recognize that you have a Bluetooth Device. What is your product or model number of your notebook?  If you scan for hardware changes in Device Manager does it find Bluetooth?

Sparkles1

Annshul Tutor
Tutor
15 9 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sparkles1,

Model No. is Hp dm4 1006tu.

No after scanning it couldn't find the bluetooth.
Microsoft's updates are being downloaded and installed but no luck so far..

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

H @Annshul,

Thank you for your reply and the requested information. When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook, I noticed that Windows 10 is not listed as a supported operating system. This simply means that HP has not tested Windows 10 on this specific model and therefore the outcome is unknown.  I see that after scanning for hardware changes, you still do not see Bluetooth listed in Device Manager.  Do you see your network card listed?  Is the network card seen in the BIOS? You can try restoring the BIOS defaults to see if any changes.HP Notebooks PCs - Restoring Defaults in BIOS. Please keep me updated. 

Sparkles1

Annshul Tutor
Tutor
15 9 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

​​
​​

Hi @Sparkles1,

Yeah Network card/Adapter is listed in Device Manager.

Network Adapter.PNG

Although I did not see BIOS Restore option in BIOS as it shows in the link you have provided.  

So I could Load  the Setup Defaults.

Inline image 1

Network card or network adapter is not listed in the BIOS.
​​

Blue tooth FCC ID is set to N/A.

Network Adapter is only listed in the boot order section​.​

​​A​nd internal network adapter boot is disabled.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Annshul,

Thank you for the update.  I noted that now the network adapter is listed in Device Manager. The network adapter is listed in the boot order but it shows disabled. Please go to the BIOS and under the boot order change the network adapter to enable.Save your changes and exit. . Do you now see your wireless? If you still do not have wireless capabilities,  if the network drivers are listed in add remove programs uninstall the existing software. Restart the notebook and run the HP Support Assistant to aid with HP updates.  If the issue remains, please try testing the network card.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation