Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post

Bluetooth missing | HP ENVY 15-j026tx | Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

I had an update for the bluetooth driver on the HP Support Assistant and now bluetooth is completly gone from my pc and the bluetooth device is no longer in my device manager. Does anyone have a solution for this?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Blu_B0lt,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your Hp Notebook and Bluetooth device issues. Here is a link to fixing Bluetooth issues. You could try this fix from Microsoft . Try opening Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + X, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. In Device Manager, at the top on the left side you will see Action click on it and select check for hardware changes. Once your device has been detected, you are able to add the Bluetooth device to your computer.

If that does not help try looking at the section in this document Labeled: Make sure that wireless communication is turned on.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem. Could it related to a Windows update?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried what Mrstenter said, it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions, Mrstenter?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin707,

When you look in your device manager do you see the Bluetooth device? Try downloading and installing this driver. Here is the software if you need it for the Bluetooth. If you are looking at airplane mode is it on? It should be off.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry, I'm in the wrong thread. I have an hp 2000-2d69nr. Could you direct me to the right thread?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kevin707,

No worries thank you for the additional information. Here is your product page select the driver -network to download your drivers.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried several drivers, none of them worked. Bluetooth is not in device manager. I recall one driver saying that the device was ejected and to reinsert it. Do you have any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin707,

In order to get you the correct driver I would need the serial number. Please review the HP Privacy Statement. Then send it to me in a private message.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin707,

Thank you for the information Kevin. You need to download this and unistall the drivers you have in your listing. Here is a document for Bluetooth support.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation