Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried installing the driver and it said - "The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system. Insert or Reinsert Now." I never messed with the hardware. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin707,

Windows should pull in the correct driver for the device. I would go into the device manager and uninstall all that are there in the network adapters, then restart the computer. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. The Hp Support Assistant will help you install the drivers and software at the time of build. Just run this after deleting all the drivers from Bluetooth and network adapters. It will install the correct information from the original install.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded the hp support assistant, had it check for updates, but it didn't download the bluetooth driver. I didn't delete the wifi or ethernet drivers though, as i would have had no way to download the bluetooth driver if I did delete them. Plus, bluetooth is something different than the other network drivers (wifi and ethernet), from what i understand. The support assistant should have found the bluetooth driver if it was a driver issue, but it didn't. So, I am convinced that my computer is not detecting my bluetooth hardware, and that it is not a driver issue. What do you think?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin707,

Have you tried a system restore. It will help you restore the system before the error took place.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I actually tried that already. It didn't work. It's no big deal - I could just buy a dongle if I really needed bluetooth. But I'd rather get it working on my computer. If we don't find a solution, that's okay - you've been very helpful. But I want to keep trying. Do you have anything else?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Kevin707,

From the Start screen, type  wireless devices to open the Search charm, and then select Turn wireless communication on or off from the search results. If the airplane mode is on the Bluetooth will not work. Make sure Bluetooth is on.

From the Start screen, type Change Bluetooth settings from the search results. Under options make sure the Bluetooth allowed it checked and show the icon in the notification. I notice on my machine if you go into the advance sharing in the Network sharing folder and turn on network discovery and HomeGroup connections.

If that does not help you could call us our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions click here.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The computer isn't detecting bluetooth from there either. That's okay, I'll just call support or get a dongle. Thanks for all your help.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation