Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My husband was working on taxes in his CPA practice, and he got this screen.  Thank goodness it was just a hiccup.  Thank you so much for your answer!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I understand the Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected.

Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ HP Recommended Solution: Please visit the HP Techcenter To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

✔️ Please follow the steps in this HP web document once including doing a hard reset, reseating the hard drive & see if error is resolvedhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

✔️ Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this videoHow To Fix HP No Boot Device, No Bootable Device, Boot Device Not Found, Exiting PXE ROM, No HDD etc 

If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
HP Recommended Solution: Please visit the HP Techcenter To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

My computer is not starting up.

If I use f2 & f11 to startup it says there are errors on my my hard drive. It says "can't find hard drive, boot device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk."

And when it comes on it loads up and just loads in blue or black screen.

I did do something with a hard drive that was plugged into my laptop at the time, like a back up or recovery. I think that may have had something to do with it also?

IMG_20160320_091119.jpgIMG_20160320_093914.jpgIMG_20160320_091822.jpgIMG_20160318_014944.jpgIMG_20160318_014419.jpg_20160319_224316.JPGIMG_20160306_164152.jpgIMG_20160306_143821.jpgIMG_20160306_164217.jpg  

OK so update. I was able to get it to start up right but when it did it was very slow and the message in the picture kept popping up. Then it would go back, the screen closed whatever I had open and the screen would come back on normalyl with all the apps closed, but now it just loads the blue screen again and won't go past that

HP Recommended

Hi Jessica,

If you have used f2 & f11 in startup and did hard drive test and it returned a failure ID saying errors on hard drive, then it means your hard drive is failing/has failed. You must replace it with a new one of similar form factor.

You ought to have Recovery media (DVD/USB) that you must have already created before with you, to factory reset to be HDD after replacement into the HDD bay.

Else you may have to buy a Recovery USB specific for your model from HP to factory reset.

To salvage the data (if any) from failed drive, you can take it out, connect it to another laptop using SATA to USB adapter. Use Windows Explorer and copy it.

Regards
Visruth

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please follow the steps in this HP web document once including doing a hard reset, reseating the hard drive & see if error is resolved:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

Specs: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/model/5309523/document/c03499...

Page 47-49 in this manual shows replacement procedure. It's easy to do.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03575298

Regards
Visruth

HP Recommended

IMG_20160320_005727.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you I got it to turn back on normal just still a bit sacred because it seems like every time I turn it off I goes right back to step 1 in messing up the past couple of weeks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad it is resolving now. But I suspect it might be an issue with the hard drive itself.

Back up all your personal datas in to an external drive before it's too late, so that in the event of any fault events in the future you can just replace HDD and factory reset.

Regards
Visruth

HP Recommended
yes because because my computer turned off and when it came back on went right back to step 1 in not wanting to boot up right it took it some time but came back on
HP Recommended
Hi, Jessica
There is no need to insert recovery media. Just follows my suggestion
First in the start menu press f10 for BIOS setup. Then navigate to system configuration tab. Then to boot option and press enter. Then you see the (legacy support <enabled>)
Just disabled it. Then you can see
(secure boot <disabled>). Just enabled it. Then press f10 and yes. Then your laptop will start up. If not remove the battery and plug after some time. And try to open the laptop. Do not worry. Keep patience and your laptop will bd start up without any data loss.

Dillip Behera
HP Recommended
I want to boot my computer but don't show F11 for system recovery and dnt want to boot with hardisk so can u help me how to find F11 to set my laptop
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.