Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
roserzamora1969 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device failed

Hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
When we turn on the computer, it reads: The selected boot device failed. Press <enter> to continue. [ok] the computer was dropped from the chair by accident.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1353 1331 114 375
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device failed

Most likely the hard drive was damaged from the fall.

You can run a hard drive diagnostics to be sure.

Here's a video on how to do it: Hard Drive Diagnostics Test

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
roserzamora1969 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device failed

Hello, followed the video and it started to beep a lot and then it turned off by itself. Thanks
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1353 1331 114 375
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device failed

You may have damaged more than just the hard drive.

You can try again, this time running a 'system board' check.

It likely will need to be professionally repaired.   

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation