Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bobloh Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Booting into system recovery screen when starting my laptop

I have HP laptop, after performing a system recovery, everytime i start the laptop it goes into the recovery screen.

And when I did reach the command prompt screen, This is what I noticed: C: is the recovery partition with only 1 directory named recovery. d: is reserved for system usage, e: contained windows directories appear to be a normal window partition.

What went wrong, pretty much I have selected wrong options. any help is appr;eciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1897
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bobloh,

Welcome to the HP Forums! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. When posting please include your exact model of HP notebook and your operating system.  What is your precise model? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you did a recovery and now when it boots up you get the Recovery Manager. When you managed to get the command prompt , you noted that the partitions were not as expected. Did you use recovery media to do the process?  I suggest you redo the recovery. To provide you documentation to assist you with that process. I need to know what operating system you are running. 

To express appreciation for my post, please click the Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
bobloh Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My OS is Window Vista. on HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, Service Tag: DV9826nr

Tks for help

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1897
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bobloh,.

Thank you for replying. 

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows Vista) as a guide. Please redo the recovery and let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation