cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SKM15
Level 1
10 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Booting time

HP 15-r033tx Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have HP 15-r033tx Notebook it takes 1-2 minute during starting everytime. During staring starting it shows "preparing desktop" etc. I want to know that time taking to start is ok or not, as I also use Hp desktop windows 8 and it takes 15 sec to start.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Booting time

Hi 

Have you got alot of starup items being inialized during boot up ???  

To find out the Startup processes   Goto Start  >> in the search bar type   msconfig   hit enter .

look within the startup tab and find out what is starting as Windows starts .  

DO NOT stop any windows services or anything Microsoft related . You may see alot of Third party programs starting with Windows which you can stop running when your system starts . Things like ( example ) Skype , Google updater ETC ) 

You may also download and install Malwarebytes which will scan your system to see if any suspicous memory or Driver processes are running in the background . Also a Disk Defrag may help consolidate all your programs togethor so the hard drive is not skipping around looking for fragmented entries . 

Post Me Your Findings 

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Highlighted
SKM15
Level 1
10 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Booting time

Thanks for giving your valuable solution. It helps me. Now my laptop is taking 37 to 58 sec to startup but another problem which was showing ''preparing desktop" ''starting user service'' etc where still showing. I want to know that whether it is problem or not.

0 Kudos
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Booting time

Hi
Ok to try and correct the other problems RE: preparing Desktop etc try and run a sfc scan . To achieve this from the start button and in the search bar type cmd once you see cmd listed right click cmd and click run as administrator . Next type sfc /scannow and hit enter . Let the scan complete and see if windows can correct any errors it finds .
NB: there is a space between sfc and / scannow .

Checkurtech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation