Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tdebeaulieu Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bottom Case dv7 Replacement

HP Pavilion dv7-4283cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there, I have an HP Pavilion dv7-4283cl and unfortunately to bottom case is have broke and I´m unable to find online the case for the same model.

Can someone tell me with what other dv7 models is mine compatible, because I´ve find cases for others but not sure if will work.

BR!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Manual: Page 27
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02666747

You need HP part number 615443-001
Description: SPS-BASE ENCLOSURE ALUM

You also need the rubber feet kit, HP part number 605644-001� (page 50)

You can search this part numbers in partsurfer.hp.com, to get all the compatible products for this part. So that you can get it from that model.

No 3rd party online sellers is selling them.

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Visruth,

Many thanks for the reply, unfortunatelly my computer is old and there are no spare parts to by on HP.

Even tough I thank you for telling me the exact number of the part I need, my question was more for the compatibility the dv7-4000 could have with other models, because at this stage I´m just looking on the web for the case and all the info I can see is the model people are trying to sell.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Just search the HP part number 615443-001 in HP part surfer website I linked above. It'll list all notebooks compatible with this part number.

You can then get Base Enclosure from any of these models.

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks Visruth, I could find in the link you sent all the models that use the part I´m searching for.

BR!!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation