cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
HP8460P
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bought refurb HP8460p, question about SmartCard and TPM Chip

HP8460p Smartcard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I bought a HP 8460p from Visions electronics in Canada. 

It has the TPM option greyed out in the BIOS. Also, I do not have the HP Client Management Solutions Download Library (American, International) installed as when I did, the computer was quite a bit slower. And the finger print option was really REALLY slow to log in. Because I do not have the HP Client Managment solutions installed, would that be the reason as to why TPM is disabled in the BIOS? But I see it in my Device Manager under security devices.

Also, I would like to learn about the Smart card reader, how and what do I need to buy for it to put a card in so I can use it to lock and unlock the computer, and have BitLocker encrypted the entire hard drive with it.

EDIT:

I found this, goo.gl/DEUDuI SCM SCR3340 laptop special ExpressCard 54 finicial Smart Card Reader/writer Express card/54 SCR3340 DC:5V-100mA on alibaba.com

So what kind of card do I need to get, and How can I can I get BitLocker to make access to 2 SmartCards when I setup bitlocker for smartcard.

And when would it prompt to input the smart card?

When I first turn my computer on before windows boots? Before The login screen appears to login into Windows? And is the smartcard that I insert to unlock it, does is it password protect, like say if I lose it, can anyone that knows in the office what laptop its for just plug it in and unencrypt the bitlocker? or will they be prompted for a password after inserting the smart card? then unecrypt the hard drive, ask for windows login credentials?  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation