cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand New HP Omen-Recovery drive full

HP Omen 15t-ax00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, 

I've recently purchased an HP Omen running Windows 10.  Windows constantly prompts that the recovery partition is full.

I've checked the partition and it has about 5mb of space remaining.  The laptop is straight out of the box, so I've not stored anything on the parition.  

I've ensured that drive protection is turned off for the volume, and I've deleted any restore points. 

Does anyone know what else can be done? Resizing the parition seems a bit extreme considering it's a new device. Surely it wasn't ment to ship this way?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,430 22,373 2,047 4,892
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

emeryz

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Actually, yes it was -- as the Recovery drive is ONLY used to store the compressed Windows image your PC would need in order to do a factory recovery.  It's not meant to be used for anything else, or tampered with.

Try following the directions in this link to see if they help:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2871417

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your prompt response, however the link you posted points to a profile page?

I get that the partition is only to be used for recovery, like I said I haven't stored anything else on it. 

What I don't understand is why the partition has not been sized correctly, the result is a WIindows prompt every 5 minutes telling me that the drive is almost full. 

I dont want to have to resize the recovery partition on a brand new laptop, so either something is wrong, or this a bit of a design flaw? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,430 22,373 2,047 4,892
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, clicked the wrong link ...

Try this one:  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03737312&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&...

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I followed the instructions in your previous post before my my initial post. Unfortunately there's nothing to delete, and drive protection was already turned off.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation