cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
axiopoeticus Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new HP Notebook seems slow? Hard drive issues?

HP 15-ba051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a new laptop for Christmas but I didn't turn it on until January 16th, and it seems slower than a brand new laptop should be.

At first it froze up while operating window's explorer and it loaded things slowly.

Well I discovered I was running 2 anti-viruses at once (which is  a problem). Things improved after I disabled one of them.

Then, still had issues.

Updates took FOREVER... 3-4 separate sets of long updates

Had an issue with my mouse moving around on the screen. I thought maybe the touch pad was too sensitive or there was something on the touch screen- but they were both fine. I restarted it, and then it was fine.

The fan is blowing a little louder than I thought it was going it. My old laptop is 7 years old so I imagined that its fan should be loud. Are all laptop fans a little loud? It also feels pretty warm- even with a cooling fan underneath it. Is that normal, too?

This is my first new laptop since 2011 and first computer with Windows 10 and all that- so this may just be normal?

Any advice is appreciated! 

It has a year warranty, so I can go through HP if it does appear to have a faulty hard drive, but I don't  want to have to do that.

tx

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Intern
Intern
56 56 1 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new HP Notebook seems slow? Hard drive issues?

Hi,

The information you have provided about your brand new laptop shows that your laptop is not healthy and it should replace as soon as the warranty date ends.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation