Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KellyCraven Tutor
Tutor
21 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Breaking Hinges - Can Not Contact Support On Line

Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hinges on my Envy 17" are breaking and popping open the case.  I have tried to contact support though the normal online methods, but the web page will not accept my machine serial and/or product. I have used autodetect to find this info, it is populated automatically into the contact web page, but then it bounces back. When given the option to manually enter the info (a later page) the boxes where the data is to be put are grayed out, preventing entry.

SO...I am posting in public as yet another VERY unhappy camper.

Seems this hinge problem has been going on for many years. There has been a class action lawsuit (now closed) and I have a machine that is still under months of warranty that is literally falling apart.

What is HP doing to rectify this situation? I can not be without my machine as I use it for my work.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 51 154
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Breaking Hinges - Can Not Contact Support On Line

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation