Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brick Upgrading Bios HP Pavilion g6-2237sl Notebook (amd CPU)

Pavilion g6-2237sl
Other

My notebook has as CPU AMD. AFTER BIOS update failure , the notebook remains with black screen and button caps FLASHING . I formatted USB drive fat 32 and copied 0188DF26.BIN 01847F26.bin files , pressing the start button and button B and power on. The PC reads the pen drive that flashes but after a few seconds, stay with light on. The screen remains black there . No beep no logo . there is someone to know the exact procedures ? sorry for my englishMy notebook has as CPU AMD. AFTER BIOS update failure , the notebook remains with black screen and button caps FLASHING . I formatted USB drive fat 32 and copied 0188DF26.BIN 01847F26.bin files , pressing the start button and button B and power on. The PC reads the pen drive that flashes but after a few seconds, stay with light on. The screen remains black there . No beep no logo . there is someone to know the exact procedures ? sorry for my english

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 968 31 106
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The manual is here (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593126) and for the BIOS it is page 86.

It also covers the PWR + ESC and PWR +F11 functions starting on page 100.

Please read thru it and try anything relevant and then please ask again.

0 Kudos
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The manual describes the operation of the BIOS when the computer is not blocked . The bios update is blocked and the pc does not start more . I now have the computer with black screen and the shift key flashing . I read the instructions for the various HP does not work ( start button more button B with use of pen driver with files coming from the decompression bios update executable ) . I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PROCEDURE TO RESTORE AN UPGRADE BIOS FAIL . PS I did a clean install of Windows 10 by deleting all of the system recovery partition

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 968 31 106
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

So far my best effort is... https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/insyde-bios-recovery/

--------------------------------------

Insyde BIOS Recovery  

1.) Obtain the correct BIOS file for your system. The file extension will usually be one of the following: “.fd” “.rom” “.bin” “.wph”

2.) Please see paragraph 3 to determine what you should rename the BIOS file to.
3.) Copy the renamed BIOS file to an EMPTY USB flashdrive. If the flashdrive is not empty or is incorrectly formatted, the recovery process may fail.

4.) Disconnect the AC power adapter and, in the case of a laptop, remove the battery as well.

5.) Insert the USB flashdrive into one of the USB ports on the computer. In most cases, the particular USB port that you use will not matter. That being said, some computers are finicky and will only accept a specific USB port for recovery.

6.) With all power sources disconnected from the computer, hold down the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘B’ key. Do not release these keys until instructed to do so.

7.) Connect the AC power adapter to the computer.

8.) Press the ‘Power’ button on the computer.

9.) When the LED’s illuminate, you may release the two keys from step #6. You may notice some of the LED’s illuminating differently from how they do in normal computer operation.

10.) After about 10 seconds, the computer should start reading the flashdrive. While searching for the file system, the computer may (should) beep for one second. The number of beeps can vary based on the capacity of the flashdrive as well as the number of files on it. If the BIOS file is not found, the computer will reboot and try again.

11.) If the file is found, the computer will load it. The particular computer used in this tutorial took 12 seconds to load the BIOS file, but times can vary based on the size of the BIOS image. No beeps will be heard during this process.

12.) After the computer is finished loading the BIOS file, it will start flashing the BIOS. During this process, the computer will beep every 2 seconds. The computer used in this tutorial took about 32 seconds. About 5 seconds after the flashing process has finished, the computer will shutdown. If the recovery process was successful, then the BIOS should work normally the next time you boot up the computer.

*NOTE: Not all devices will produce beeping sounds during the recovery process. The USB flashdrive LED should still blink on and off while the computer is loading the BIOS image. If the loading process is successful, the computer should shutdown within the next minute. For larger BIOS images, this may take longer.

-----------------------------------------

0 Kudos
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the model with AMD CPU and perhaps unlike any other HP . But I noticed that it is following your guide , and is performing the power of the PC and the behavior is identical . PC tries to boot on USB stick but then remains with black screen and the shift key and flashing usb stick with fixed light

thank you very much

0 Kudos
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no idea or particular step to my g6-2237sl ??

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 968 31 106
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You mentioned at the beginning of copying over 2 bin files, but that file

This package provides an update to the System BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. A reboot is required to complete the installation.

File name: sp60936.exe

has 14 files inside it.

There is a tool  Download: Phoenix/Insyde Tool to help with this.  So perhaps keep trying.

0 Kudos
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if you run the file you create a directory with all the files needed to make the upgrade from WINDOWS ( no longer my case ) but remain inside the directory the image of the two bios files that I  not know to  use I could use SOME OF INSTRUCTIONS AND A LITTLE LESS IDEAS . Many guides for HP PC they do not resolve the problem . Perhaps for the bios and a UEFI BIOS ?

0 Kudos
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my post have (281 Views)

No one has done a bios recovery on a notebook similar to my ??

0 Kudos
riky67 Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(345 Views)  WOWWWW

No one to ever restore an HP notebook after an upgrade of the failed bios? I could write ALL my tests and all the various problems I found. But if someone had already occurred no other way to restore a notebook would be grateful to the community and to the 300 people who have read my post. Here we talk about technical documentation and not of alchemies. Step trivial or less. I expose various questions. you just need the bios file, or should also be a signature? (Because in the sp60936.exe file are the various files (0188DF26.BIN 01847F26.BIN) but no signature and utiliti famosaPhoenix-Insyde-EFI SLIC Tool to manage signatures NOT work (tells me that is not a Dell EFI bios) . I have to copy the file on the stick must be renamed ?? This is what I have in my files platfor.ini [Platform_Check] Flag = 2 PlatformName1 = 1847 PlatformName2 = 1848 PlatformName3 = 1849 PlatformName4 = 184A PlatformName5 = 184b PlatformName6 = 184C PlatformName7 = 188D PlatformName8 = 188E PlatformName9 = 188F PlatformName10 = 1990 PlatformName11 = 1991 PlatformName12 = 1992 Thanks greatly for those who will want to help me out in a constructive way

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation