cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
klinte113 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bring the computer back to start

HP Pavilion x2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I updated the drivers on my computer and now it will not start. The screen is white with a black line. Indicating a driver bug. I can not be allowed to reset the computer to factory settings. It is locked.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
44,907 40,592 4,392 11,359
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the recovery flashdrive.Plug it into an available usb port and boot to it.

At the Recovery Manager screen, select Windows system restore to roll your OS back to the checkpoint created before the driver updates that caused the problem took place.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
klinte113 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've just ordered a recovery kit from hp which I hope can solve the problem

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44,907 40,592 4,392 11,359
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great!

I do hope that you ordered the usb recovery media instead of a Recovery disk set. 

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation