Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bc422 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken left Hinge on HP Envy 15t Quad

e1p05av - 15tj100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought my expensive laptop in 2014 and just over a year the left hinge started breaking. Its a sparingly used laptop and now seems to pull away at the bottom panel if I try to open or close the display . The left hinge is prying the bottom panel.

I am worried the laptop will break if I try using it anymore. Never been dropped and was taken good care of.

Did not expect HP to give way so easily when other laptops much cheaper dont have this basic hinge issue. At this point I am terribly disappointed with HP but need to get it fixed. Please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 417
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bc422

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
bc422 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thank Jeff so much. He was very helpful and timely. Put me on to the right groups and right now have my laptop left broken hinge all fixed, top and bottom panel replaced and working perfect. Though the whole process took a couple of weeks HP followed the issue all along. Amazed at the the level of customer support that HP offered. Though my laptop was out of warranty they did all repairs free of charge and also sent me prepaid shipping box . Way to go HP.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation