cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mokp Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken screw slots in the bottom body.

HP envy j110tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It would be kind if someone can help me in providing information on this issue.

I have an envy j110tx, I had dropped the laptop once, since then when ever i open my display the lower panel splits open as shown in figure 1. The screws at the bottom shown in figure 2 does not get tight and keeps rotating when tried to tighten. I can also hear some noise of plastic part broken inside the laptop and i think the slot where the screw sits is broken. I guess the lower pannel has to be changed, i would like to know the avaliability and the cost of the spare. Thank you in advance!

figure 1

figure 2
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
21706 21525 1836 6878
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken screw slots in the bottom body.

@mokp

System, one of:

"HP envy j110tx" (3)

Find your  Product Number

Try using Parts Surfer

• Supply the search box with your computer's Product number, or even better the Serial Number
  • See if you can find the part in the BOM (Bill of Materials) list - "available" parts for order have a little box next to them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can also open the Driver page for your computer > click Product Home Page >

User Guides > open the Service and Maintenance guide for your system

Example for the HP 15 model > Service and Maintenance Guide

Chapter 3, Page 19 > Major Components > #17 > Page 23

(17) Base enclosure (includes 4 rubber feet, battery lock latch, battery release latch, and RJ-45 cover)

Part Number: 720534-001

Chapter 3, Page 28:

Screw Kit  720560-001

Parts may be available from

HP Parts Store

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation