cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SibrenD
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Burnt-through foil

HP pavillion g6 1140sb
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After 5 years of moderate use, my HP pavillion g6 1140SB laptop crashed yesterday.

After trying every other option to get it working again I decided to open it up to see what was the issue.

What I found was that 1 switch on the motherboard had completely burnt away all the plastic around it, including the protective foil above (Here is the link to the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/r8Lca ).

Despite of the safety consequences this could have had, I believe 5 years of product life is a very poor performance.

I hope you will try to develop safer and more reliable systems in the future.

Until then this was the last HP laptop I'll ever buy.

With kind regards,

Sibren 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation