Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I changed my e-mail address last year.  I want to get into my OLD e-mails to print out and/or delete documents that I saved in folders and then I want to delete the e-mail address completely.

When I try to log-in, I get all these questions from Microsoft like "What were some of the passwords you used?" and "List e-mails you've sent."  There were many other questions as well.  I realize this is for security.  I've tried to answer everything they ask me but then I get an e-mail from them saying that I didn't provide enough information so they won't let me into my old e-mail address.

What the hell is this?  Is there anyone out there that remembers what and to whom they sent e-mails from last year?  I certainly can't because I sent alot of e-mails!!!  I can't even remember other passwords I've used.

I use to be able to get into the old address up until about two months ago.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I can get into the old e-mail address?

Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is not a problem with your HP Computer just to be clear. I am assuming it is a hotmail account? This is just one of the pitfalls of the computer age. You have to record or remember passwords. They would be useless if the provider just lets you bypass them. The trend is toward tougher security, not weaker so if you cannot recall enough to make Microsoft happy there is not going to be much anyone can do. The password you are trying to enter is just not the right one I am afraid. Generally you can wait 24 or 48 hours and try again and the account will let you make a few more login efforts before it shuts down. 

You might also want to consider getting your own email domain and use an email client that stores your emails on the hard drive. 

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help.  Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.