cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GULEDZ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CAPS LOCK AND SHIFT NOT WORKING

HI ALL MY CAPS LOCK AND SHIFT KEY HAS NOT BEEN WORKING FOR QUITE SOME TIME I THINK I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING LIKE FATORY RESET AND ALSO OTHER CHANGES ON THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS , I REALLY NEED MY LAPTOP TO GET FIXED PLEASE HELP 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 6 Siby_M
Level 6
415 414 19 105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CAPS LOCK AND SHIFT NOT WORKING

Hi,

Since performing a factory reset was also not able to resolve the issue, it seems like a hardware issue itself. Let’s try some troubleshooting steps to confirm the same.

At first, please try a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook.

When the Notebook restarts keep tapping the f10 key to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults (this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

When the Notebook boots, try tapping the F11 key that will take you to the Recovery Manager Screen. If you were not able to get there, restart the Notebook and make sure to keep tapping the F11 key before the notebook boots into Windows. Once you are in Recovery Manager, press the Ctrl and D keys together which will open a black coloured window which is a Command Prompt. Please check whether the keys are working over there. If not, please try checking with an external keyboard. If the keys are not working in Command Prompt and if the external keyboard works fine on the Notebook, then we can confirm that this is a hardware issue for which a service is required.

Please contact HP over the Phone/E-mail/Chat. If you are in the USA/Canada, please contact HP over the Phone at 1800-474-6836.

HP US Support: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=uk&lc=en

HP Worldwide Support: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please find more details for contacting HP from the link below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

I hope that helps.

!------------------- Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'. Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers/solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation