Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
43 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

CPU Upgrade Presario CQ57-339wm

Presario CQ57-339wm
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi guys.  Was wondering which processors are compatible with this intel-based board.  The current processor is the Intel Celeron B800 (1.50GHz).  

The system will hold a pretty decent amount of memory running at a decent speed: DDR3L PC3L-12800, CL=11, Unbuffered,  NON-ECC,  DDR3L-1600, 1.35V 

Though the processor is dual core, its performance seems highly mismatched to the memory the system can handle.  Does anyone know of a list or even just a couple of suggestions of processor upgrades I can swap this Celeron one out for? 

Thanks for any and all help in advance! 

4 REPLIES
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
308 65 107
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Hi,

According to the manual and detail of parts the motherboard of your laptop would support the following processors for socket intel G2

Intel Core i5-2430M 2.40-GHz

Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20-GHz

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=QE264UA

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02948186

For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel Core i5 or i3 processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA video memory 646177-001

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
70645 8498 18267
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

@NXS

Unfortunately, your machine uses different motherboard (part #646174-001). You need different motherboard to accommate other CPU and this would be a very expensive upgrade.

Updated:

@CarlosE

His/her machine uses  Intel Celeron processor. Please check page #71. 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
308 65 107
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

Yes it is possible that it is, I guess nothing is lost with looking at the number of part of the motherboard, usually is below or near the RAM slots

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
43 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

I'm confused.  Can the board be upgraded or can't it?  I'm not necessarily looking to go i3 or i5, but I was wondering if a STRONG dual core, core-two duo, or a quad-core processor would be possible to swap out with. 

Regarding the board number, I can break the system down far enough to get you that information if need be.  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation