Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ty504 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CQ57 won't reinstall Windows 10

Cq57
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Every time I do an clean install it goes to 1% and restarts with an Windows could not complete install failure can I use Windows 8.1 download from website to downgrade
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
357 43 131
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CQ57 won't reinstall Windows 10

Hello @Ty504

To check Windows 10 compatibility for the notebook the first thing I would do is visit the HP Windows 10 Upgrade site and put in your product number. This will let you know if HP has tested this notebook or not.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/windows10/upgrade.html

If the notebook is compatible with Windows 10 and came with an earlier OS (7,8,8.1) you can reinstall the original OS using recovery media then upgrade.

If it is not comp. w/ Win10 then it is suggested that you keep the original OS that the system came with and upgrade at your own risk as not all drivers/programs may function normally.

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation